About this blog

And here I am, adding yet another blog to the long list of blogs that I seem to be miraculously managing amidst all my daydreaming. This one, however, is for the mundane day to day happenings

Sunday 4 January 2015

More than two decades hence

It was all a long time ago, before school started, and way past bedtime. I remember lightning crackling, and a gush of wind that carried me through the ventilator. Of course I was still in bed watching the rain through the open window. But I was also out there, with the raindrops passing right through me, and I was looking down on the world bathed in a blinding light as if the person in charge of special effects had forgotten to switch off the lightning. And now, more than two decades hence, I get to look out the same window and wonder if the things that I remember are truly the things that happened. Of all the things that fade with time, what I will miss most is perhaps that sense of wonder we start off with, and slowly trade away for reason

No comments:

Post a Comment